Ready to lose some weight and make a change? Read this before starting and keep these strategies with you for the full duration of your journey.
1. Create a Goal and make it visible
2. Lower your expectations, start small and be patient
Words to live by: "Every small step forward are giant leaps over time."
3. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail
From what I believe(and after much searching around the net), the best program I found and tried myself was the RTP Transformation System. I will never regret the day I started and will always remind myself that if I stop living the healthy lifestyle(eating right and exercise) I can be looking at 'ground 0' once again. The before and after pictures speak for themselves. If you are interested in the RTP System(sorry, no longer avail), I would strongly recommend checking out Tom Venuto's "Burn The Fat, Feed the Muscle" system that RTP was based from. I truly believe that most diet/exercise plans will indeed provide results, but it will all depend on 'you' to action on every item that it promotes. Good Luck with whatever plan you choose, but please do not skip this crucial step. Pickup a plan today.
4. Get a partner or simply ask for help
5. Set your mind to change your old habits to new healthy habits
6. Believe in Yourself and Reward Yourself - All the time.
7. If you Fall Down, Get Back Up
You will succeed if you do not quit.
8. Write your actions down
Studies have shown that you are more likely to stick with your weight loss plan if you write down your healthy actions for the day. Whether it's tracking your daily progress, placing in a personal occurrence of the day where you were weak or to expose a fear that you may not been aware of. You can learn from it with each passing day going forward. There are many online forums that offer areas to post a daily workout journal, or if you want to keep it private write in a spiral book or use Microsoft Word and document each day. Highly recommended as this will help you identify your bad habits and create good habits.
9. Prepare your meals and workout the night before
You probably heard this many times from personal trainers, "Preparation is Key" - and it's true....Preparation will be the key factor to your body transformation success. The night before you go to bed, make sure you know what time you are going to the gym as well what you will be doing. Have your gym clothes ready, bag packed and running shoes near the door. As for food, cook the night before and have everything packed in containers for the next day or for the next few days. Veggie Soup is a great example of you can make that will last for days and is quite good for you.
By preparing the previous day, you will :
- Keep on track with your calorie count
- Avoid fast food(save money too)
- Guarantee that you receive your 5 to 6 small meals a day
- Know in advance of your exercises for that day, so your mind is prepared of what you will be doing
- Know what to wear in advance to avoid any delay or cancellation of getting into the gym
Having everything prepared for you in advance will be one less thing to worry about when dealing with your daily activities. For an example of how I prepared during my journey, see here.
10. Fun, Fun and more Fun!