Day 83 / Week 12 - Rib Fest and the Cheltenham Badlands Review — bruce trail , canada's largest ribfest , Cheltenham Badlands , funnel cake , Kentucky Smokehouse , rib fest , ribfest — The Road to Riddick

Join my journey in becoming "Little Riddick" as I provide a daily review of my body development progress and challenges.....

JOURNEY 1 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 2nd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve six pack of beer abs, increase overall muscle(upper and lower body) and to reach 9% body fat .

JOURNEY 2 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 3rd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve a leaner figure and reach 5% total body fat in 2 months time(before heading to a Caribbean beach @ the end of March).

JOURNEY 3 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 4th and last mission as I provide a daily review of how I will try to get ripped as much as possible till my last daily post on June 15th, 2010 (1 Full Year since I started (b)logging my workouts).

JOURNEY 4 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 83 / Week 12 - Rib Fest and the Cheltenham Badlands Review

Completed today's last weight training exercise for the 84 day commitment. Tomorrow is cardio and will mark the end of my 84 day journey. I will however will be executing a new journey that will be explained tomorrow as I provide my final review of the RTP Transformation System.

It's a good thing I did some cardio in the mix with my workout, as I totally took advantage of my reward meal by going to Canada's Largest RIB FEST(located in Burlington, Ontario)! Yaaahhh!! Wifey and I polished off a full rack of ribs, side of coleslaw and beans, corn on the cob dipped in butter, watered it down with 3 beers and then finished off the evening with a funnel cake which we split. It tasted absolutely amazing and I'm still full! The "fall off the bone" ribs we selected came from "Kentucky Smokehouse", apparently like most of the other vendors they all have trophy's from previous ribfest's all over Canada and it was pretty much "a shot in the dark" of who to choose from. So we chose "Kentucky"...I mean, I like Kentucky Fried Chicken right? Overall excellent experience, admission is free, half rack at all places are basically 10 bux, extra sides are $2 more, Beers are $5 and the organization for the event was surprisingly "very organized" for the amount of people they had. Even garbage collection was organized. I mean, it was hard to spot any litter on the grounds and were very strict with recycling. That itself was pretty impressive. As for live entertainment, I was expecting to hear "hill-billy" type music, but was quite impressed with both stages playing different types of soul, blues and jazz. Overall, 10 out of 10....hands down.

Canada's Largest RibFest - Verdict : Highly Recommended! 10 out of 10! Free Admission & free entertainment. Go on an empty stomach and bring your wallet . We spent approx. $70 between the both of us. For what you get - totally worth it!


Kentucky Smokehouse sign to the right


Ribs Before


Ribs After


I know..this looks disgusting...but had to post it.. =)


Blackberry/camera died, but this what the funnel cake would have looked like. Mmmm, I could still taste it... =)


Prior to reaching RibFest, my mother and aunt asked me take them to see the Cheltenham Badlands located in Caledon, Ontario. Being the "good son", I showed them around for a bit and thank goodness we left in no time. It looked nice for the first 5 minutes and then it got quite boring. So I'm not gonna bore you with the details of what it's all about, but if you are interested to learn more, check here. It's free to look at, but definitely not worth the drive back...It's one of those things you do once in your life - plus I was starving and couldn't wait to drop the mother off and head off to RibFest (yaaaaa!). The below pics kinda show what it's all about...If you dig this kinda stuff, bring a camera and walk the trails..If you were like me and couldn't wait to go to ribfest, then don't bother....Just go straight to Ribfest..(yaaaaaa!) =)

Cheltenham Badlands - Verdict : Don't go on an empty stomach. In my opinion, quite boring. Bring a camera and walking/hiking shoes if you like hiking on the nearby nature trails(The Bruce Trail).


This is pretty much what you'll see..



So again, tomorrow is cardio and will mark the end of my 84 day journey. I have two six packs of Steam Whistle (Toronto's Finest) waiting for me for tomorrow's celebration. =)

RTP Challenge Status for the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.

Health weight loss, weightloss success story, rtp system, rtp system review, workout plan, nutrition plan, weightloss tips Affordable SEO Business Directory for Toronto, Ontario Blogs lists and reviews BlogRankers.com TopOfBlogs Blog directory Blog Ratings
Top Health blogs; Listed in Blogs By Country Blogs Rating blog directory Promote Your Blog weight loss, weightloss, nutrition plan, diet plan, workout plan, rtp system, rtp transformation, rtp system review, riddick, diet tips, dieting The Road To Riddick - My Weight Loss Journey - Blogged
Blog Directory A1 Web Links Blog Directory MV Blogs Directory Blogs Directory