Workout Log 333 - Benefits of an Early Morning Workout — The Road to Riddick

Join my journey in becoming "Little Riddick" as I provide a daily review of my body development progress and challenges.....

JOURNEY 1 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 2nd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve six pack of beer abs, increase overall muscle(upper and lower body) and to reach 9% body fat .

JOURNEY 2 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 3rd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve a leaner figure and reach 5% total body fat in 2 months time(before heading to a Caribbean beach @ the end of March).

JOURNEY 3 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 4th and last mission as I provide a daily review of how I will try to get ripped as much as possible till my last daily post on June 15th, 2010 (1 Full Year since I started (b)logging my workouts).

JOURNEY 4 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Monday, May 31, 2010

Workout Log 333 - Benefits of an Early Morning Workout

With today as a start of a new work schedule, I've changed my workout schedule to the mornings. Waking up early at 5:45am to go the gym was not an easy one, but there are some benefits to it.
See below for the benefits of working out early in the am :
  • You start off the day feeling Energized - Maybe not enough to give up coffee in the morning, but you'll definitely feel a great deal of accomplishment and more awake/alert when you get to work.
  • The workout is out of the way. No more excuses throughout your day to derail your workout plans.
  • Since you burn calories all night while sleeping, now you can burn more calories and more fat in the morning since there was nothing in the stomach. Calories burned at this time are taken from your stored fat.  
  • You'll really look forward to breakfast (instead of missing breakfast) Trust me, you will be very hungry after your workout. Just remember - no bacon and other greasy foods. Lots of protein in the am to help repair and build those muscles.
  • It opens the option of participating in an activity/sport in the evening to get even more exercise. For example, I now have the opportunity to blade in the evening or join a sport or two and get even more cardio for the day.
  • You are more likely to choose healthier foods during the day. As an example, knowing that you just finished an hour on the treadmill for the day, I am sure you wouldn't want to ruin such a good workout, right?
  • If you don't make it in the gym in the am, then the evening is available. Providing 2 chances to committing to the workout.
  • There are far less people at the gym in the morning. No waiting for machines, exercise ball, workout bench or free-weights.

    So, you must be convinced now that morning workouts does have it's benefits. If so, great...but expect an adjustment period. The same way you're jet-lagged after an overseas trip or drowsy when you suddenly have to switch from the graveyard shift to a regular 9 to 5 shift, working out in the morning will require some some getting used to.

    Here are a few tips that will help you get started in getting up in the morning :
    • Go to bed an hour earlier.  
    • Get a good alarm clock - get 2 alarms if needed be(cellphone & alarm clock to wake you up).
    • Get a timer that turns on the lights for you. Walmart...Homedepot.. 20 bux.
    • Brush your teeth and wash your face. Don't mean to sound like your mother, but this will help you feel a lot fresher in the morning.
    • Have your workout schedule ready the night before. Organization and preparation is always key.
    • Have your workout clothes prepared the night before. - Imagine waking up in the early am wasting many precious minutes scrambling looking for clothes, shoes, water bottle and etc. This step eliminates that possibility.
    • Stretch! – Since you just woke up, your muscles need a good stretch. Learn from my mistake for not stretching as I was previously forced to take 4 days off due to pains in my legs and back. Don’t be a victim.
    So with all being said above, I completed 45 min in the gym working on chest, back, calves,  glutes and of course the abs. I wanted to get some cardio later on the evening, but with the rain pouring down it was not a possibility. All healthy meals and all meals on-time...Overall good progressive day.
     Tomorrow is the same drill - weight training and abs. If the weather is promising as it suppose to be, I'll be hitting the pavement in the evening with the blades. Lookin forward to it...  ;)

     Mission 4 Commitments - Status of the Day


    Bookmark and Share

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your comment.

    Health weight loss, weightloss success story, rtp system, rtp system review, workout plan, nutrition plan, weightloss tips Affordable SEO Business Directory for Toronto, Ontario Blogs lists and reviews BlogRankers.com TopOfBlogs Blog directory Blog Ratings
    Top Health blogs; Listed in Blogs By Country Blogs Rating blog directory Promote Your Blog weight loss, weightloss, nutrition plan, diet plan, workout plan, rtp system, rtp transformation, rtp system review, riddick, diet tips, dieting The Road To Riddick - My Weight Loss Journey - Blogged
    Blog Directory A1 Web Links Blog Directory MV Blogs Directory Blogs Directory