Workout Log 325 - ISO Whey Protein vs Whey Concentrate — The Road to Riddick

Join my journey in becoming "Little Riddick" as I provide a daily review of my body development progress and challenges.....

JOURNEY 1 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 2nd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve six pack of beer abs, increase overall muscle(upper and lower body) and to reach 9% body fat .

JOURNEY 2 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 3rd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve a leaner figure and reach 5% total body fat in 2 months time(before heading to a Caribbean beach @ the end of March).

JOURNEY 3 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 4th and last mission as I provide a daily review of how I will try to get ripped as much as possible till my last daily post on June 15th, 2010 (1 Full Year since I started (b)logging my workouts).

JOURNEY 4 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Workout Log 325 - ISO Whey Protein vs Whey Concentrate

So for the past week I've been trying this new whey protien drink since finishing my last scoop of PVL Whey Maxx Protein.

The protien drink of choice that was recommended to me by a good colleague of mine was  Kaizen ISO Whey Protien(Vanilla Flavor) where we both purchased a 5 lb tub for 39 CDN(paid no tax) at Costco. Taste IMO is pretty good and does mix quite well. However as you might notice, it may froth a lot (when shaken).

The protien content of Kaizen's ISO whey packs a powerful punch of 35g of ISO whey protien, while the PVL Maxx only carries 24g of regular whey protien concentrate. So looking at the numbers and the nutritional content, the Kaizen ISO Whey is king...

But as many would ask, what is the difference between whey concentrate and ISO Whey?

These are the differences :
  • ISO is usually more expensive(get it on sale when you can - like I did)
  • ISO protien is a more purer protien(due to it's higher level of processing) than whey concentrate and will head to the muscles faster due to it's purity.
  • Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of 70-85%
  • More lactate tolerant than whey concentrate (less lactose than whey concentrate)
  • Lower in fat and carbs (this can add up if your are taking multiple scoops per day)
  • Less bloating, gas and better digestion (I personally didn't have a problem with this)  :)
Best time to take protien is no more than 30 min after a workout as your muscles at that time are in repair mode. Another good time to take it is to substitute for a meal or add to a small meal, especially if you are not getting enough protein in your meals.(I sometimes use it with cereal (Special K).). Another good tip is to shake it up with crushed ice for a nice chilling experience.

Now, with the above known and all, I'm not gonna knock PVL Whey Maxx off the table. I've been using the PVL Whey Maxx for the past 11 months or so (3 - 10lb bags complete) and have pretty good results so far, plus I like the taste(which IMO is most important for me). So yes, I would definitely still recommend PVL Whey Maxx as a 1st choice whey concentrate.
As for the Kaizen, I'm giving it a shot and we shall see if results improve and let you know of my progress.. ;)

Speaking of results, today's results of keeping it healthy was ruined later in the evening by chowing down on some ice cream and apple pie with the family. Couldn't resist this once in awhile treat as this is my favorite dessert. =) Also today is a scheduled rest day, so no workout for today.

Tomorrow I should have some time for a workout, but I'll see...I have to work a crazy shift and unsure if I'll be able to get in there, but will try. ;)
Mission 4 Commitments - Status of the Day

 See here for last weeks picture and status results


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.

Health weight loss, weightloss success story, rtp system, rtp system review, workout plan, nutrition plan, weightloss tips Affordable SEO Business Directory for Toronto, Ontario Blogs lists and reviews BlogRankers.com TopOfBlogs Blog directory Blog Ratings
Top Health blogs; Listed in Blogs By Country Blogs Rating blog directory Promote Your Blog weight loss, weightloss, nutrition plan, diet plan, workout plan, rtp system, rtp transformation, rtp system review, riddick, diet tips, dieting The Road To Riddick - My Weight Loss Journey - Blogged
Blog Directory A1 Web Links Blog Directory MV Blogs Directory Blogs Directory