Workout Log 308 - The Art of Not Giving Up. — The Road to Riddick

Join my journey in becoming "Little Riddick" as I provide a daily review of my body development progress and challenges.....

JOURNEY 1 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 2nd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve six pack of beer abs, increase overall muscle(upper and lower body) and to reach 9% body fat .

JOURNEY 2 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 3rd mission as I provide a daily review of how I will achieve a leaner figure and reach 5% total body fat in 2 months time(before heading to a Caribbean beach @ the end of March).

JOURNEY 3 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Join my journey in my 4th and last mission as I provide a daily review of how I will try to get ripped as much as possible till my last daily post on June 15th, 2010 (1 Full Year since I started (b)logging my workouts).

JOURNEY 4 COMPLETE - RESULTS SHOWN HERE (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURE)

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Workout Log 308 - The Art of Not Giving Up.

Pretty close today in missing a workout. I would hate to kill my 5 day streak for the week.  I say this because when I got home and was getting ready to go to the gym, I started to listen to the little guy on my left shoulder again....

Yes, the little red guy saying "ahhh...take a break, eat now and go relax on the couch....You've done enough for the week". Then all of a sudden I'm getting pains in my body. Ya see, even my brain is trying to create excuses!? Then I grab my itouch only to notice that it was dead...I'm thinking, ok should I just give up?

The answer is no...I did not give up. I quickly charged my itouch for 30 min, took a Tylenol (I knew the pains were in my head, but took it anyways), washed my face to charge myself up and finally got in the gym. Once I got in the gym I had one huge sigh of relief that I made it in......

So the question is, what got me into the gym? It would have been so easy to give up, right? But, the 2 things that kept me motivated to keep going was that 1st - I have a goal to reach 5 workout days for the week. If I can't make it in for an unforeseen circumstance, then you know what - "sh*t happens", right? But I'm at home, there was no reason other than my own "will" of not going... Why get lazy now? The 2nd thing is "the big picture" or the larger goal. That is to complete the 4th journey looking leaner than ever and sustain....I also envisioned of how I want to look when I go back to Las Vegas in July. I want to head to the pool area (with shirt off), grab a drink at the bar, give a wink to a hot girl in the pool and then regret the wink because I just remembered I was married. Hehehe   ;-)
 Yes it's only a dream....But my point is that everyone of us have a dream like this. Why not reach for that dream? Now, just to make sure we're not off track - I'm not talking about the girl, pool and the wink. What I'm talking about is "your" dream.  Nothing is keeping you back. But with every small step forward towards that dream is a giant leap over time. If you stop walking forward, you will not progress and will take longer for you to reach your goal. And that is why it's also very important to keep the dream with you at all times to remind you of "why" you are taking that step forward.
So with all above said, I completed 45 min total on the elliptical and overall had a perfect healthy day. Thank-goodness, I kept the dream alive... =) Tomorrow is the weight training, weigh-in, stats and pic....Looking forward to it. ;-)
  
Mission 4 Commitments - Status of the Day

See here for last weeks picture and status results

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.

Health weight loss, weightloss success story, rtp system, rtp system review, workout plan, nutrition plan, weightloss tips Affordable SEO Business Directory for Toronto, Ontario Blogs lists and reviews BlogRankers.com TopOfBlogs Blog directory Blog Ratings
Top Health blogs; Listed in Blogs By Country Blogs Rating blog directory Promote Your Blog weight loss, weightloss, nutrition plan, diet plan, workout plan, rtp system, rtp transformation, rtp system review, riddick, diet tips, dieting The Road To Riddick - My Weight Loss Journey - Blogged
Blog Directory A1 Web Links Blog Directory MV Blogs Directory Blogs Directory